Here’s a quick breakfast treat fashioned out of simple ingredients any foodie would probably find in their fridge!
My favorite slice of bread is the last one, so this is the kind of breakfast you can have even if your greedy roomies have finished most of the bread! You would however need a toaster oven or a regular big oven! Alright enough chatter, i’m hungry and would like to update this recipe quickly before i really go to eat !
Last slice pizza toast
- the last slice of bread
- One small fresh tomato sliced
- grated mozzarella cheese (about a tablespoon)
- marinara sauce (or any store bought pizza sauce/ ketchup if all else fails)
- fresh basil leaves
- oregano seasoning
- Spread your marinara sauce or pizza sauce generously on the last slice of bread.
- Randomly arrange the basil leaves on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese evenly on top of the leaves.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese.
- Season with oregano or any pizza/pasta seasoning you have lying around. (add pepper or chilli flakes if you like spice)
- All set, put it in your oven/toaster oven and wait till the cheese melts completely, and then 1 minute more to get that crispy crunchy texture in the toast. Now relish!
- This recipe works best with the last slice because it needs that thickness to survive all the toppings, or else you’ll have soggy toast, and nobody likes soggy toast.
- It might seem odd to you that i asked to place the leaves before the cheese, but i find placing it on the top does nothing but burn them to a crisp, keeping them in between the sauce and the cheese brings out their wonderful aroma and gives you something awesome to bite into.
- Don’t share!